Ocean Adventurer Ship Overview
Cruise Line: Quark Expeditions
As of June 2017, Quark Expeditions' much beloved polar expedition ship Sea Adventurer will be undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation and be officially renamed Ocean Adventurer. The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favorite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017. With the latest round of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
- All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
- Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
- Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.